SUPPORT + CONNECTION
Central Oregon Trans Support
Peer support for the adult trans community: currently meets on Zoom.
- Email: SabrinaCooper.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Drop is a center that serves youth and young adults in Deschutes County ages 14 to 27. It is meant to be a safe and supportive place where people make connections that could have a positive impact on their life.
- Website: https://www.deschutes.org/health/page/drop?mibextid=Zxz2cZ
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 541-749-7598
A peer support group for parents of LGBTQ+ children of all ages. A group for kids 17 & younger meets at the same time with two licensed mental health professionals.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A monthly community gathering to learn, find support and socialize. Meetings in Bend & Prineville.
- Website: https://pflagcentraloregon.webs.com/
- Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
GENDER + TRANSITION
The Transgender Language Primer
LGBTQ+ terms defined
- Website: www.translanguageprimer.com
- Email: email@example.com
The Transgender Health Program — THP for short — provides support, information and advocacy. We can connect you with OHSU providers who are international leaders in caring for gender-diverse patients of all ages.
- Website: https://www.ohsu.edu/transgender-health
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (503) 494-7970
National Center for Transgender Equality
The National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. In the nation’s capital and throughout the country, NCTE works to replace disrespect, discrimination, and violence with empathy, opportunity, and justice.
- Website: www.transequality.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (202) 642-4542
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TransEqualityNow?mibextid=LQQJ4d
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/transequalitynow?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- Twitter: @TransEquality
Prideville is a volunteer-run nonprofit organization focused on increasing support and visibility for the LGBTQ+ community in Crook County.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Rights Oregon
Information on legal rights and name/gender markers changes.
- Website: www.basicrights.org
Oregon Safe Schools and Communities Coalition
The Oregon Safe Schools and Communities Coalition (OSSCC) seeks to create safe schools and communities where every family can belong, every educator can teach, and every child can learn regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity. The OSSCC believes that all youth deserve to feel safe and welcome in our schools and communities.
- Website: www.oregonsafeschools.org
- Phone: 503-954-4865
GLSEN works to ensure that LGBTQ students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment. Together we can transform our nation’s schools into the safe and affirming environment all youth deserve.
- Website: http://www.GLSEN.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (212) 727-0135
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project provides information & support to LGBTQ young people 24/7, all year round.
- Website: http://www.thetrevorproject.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (212) 695-8650
The Trans Lifeline
Trans Lifeline connects trans people to the community support and resources we need to survive and thrive.
- Website: https://translifeline.org
- Phone: (877) 565-8860